Way before Halloween I a started reading the Green Lantern Rebirth comics.  I have always liked the Green Lantern but reading this book gave me a much greater appreciation for the character.  I think what draws me most to the Green Lantern character is the idea that the green light is concentrated willpower and that what you are able to create is a direct reflection of your willpower to create it.

Like I'm sure many GL fans, after becoming intrigued by the character I wanted a power ring.  Unlike most other GL fans I started to think about the GL ring in terms of industrial design.  After looking at many of the rings that are out there, I was amazed at how large and obtrusive they are.  I wasn't going to walk around with it and I figured that if Hal Jordan was wearing that huge green ring around all day it would take about 3 min. before his secret identity was not very secret.  So, with that idea in mind I started to design my own, more subtle GL power ring.   I sketched it out, carved it in wax, and molded it.

Currently I have the green ring which I wore with my Halloween costume and a bronze version that I can wear like any normal ring.  I'm about to make a second (cleaner) mold.

Pics of the bronze ring, the mold and concept sketches after the jump.















0 comments:

Post a Comment