After some concept sketching and study modeling I created a physical model of the pencil sharpener from my set of RIDGID branded office products.  One of the primary features that I decided was really important for this brand and the target user was for the pencil sharpener to sharpen rectangular carpenters pencils rather than standard pencils.   I finished the pencil sharpener model around Christmas a few years ago and I took it over to Home Depot to take a few pictures next to other RIDGID products.  The pencil sharpener must have looked right at home because an employee made sure I wasn't stealing anything as I left the store.

Additional pictures after the jump.




3 comments:

Nick Grivas said...

Men need cool and tough office supplies. Great idea. I am surprised about the Home Depot incident. Although I have spent many hours there I almost never see any store employees around for the helpless do it yourselfers.

Mark Gerardy said...

Please tell me where I can buy this.

Anonymous said...

How can I buy this carpenter pencil sharpener? My students fingers will thank you.

Post a Comment