Not to long after I started grad school I attended a portfolio workshop.  One of the topics they we discussed was the idea of a leave behind; a small 'something' that you literally leave behind whenever you go to an interview like a mini portfolio.  It can really be anything but regardless it should be unique.  I started thinking about what I could do and I decided that the coolest thing I could possibly create was an action figure of myself.  That would be so amazing!

I kept the idea on the back burner of my mind for a while and have finally decided to go through with it.


The first step in the long process of action figure creation for me is to sketch out some concepts of what I want my head to look like.  I have always been a fan of the simplified American comic style and decided that it would be simple enough to sculpt at that size and still have enough info that you could clearly tell that it is me.

Below are a few of my earlier attempts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment