So while I did my best to keep the Cinderella Christmas project a secret, she knew I was sewing something.  She is running the Disney princess half-marathon at the end of February and thought I might be making a Cinderella running dress for her.....I wasn't.....BUT I really liked the idea so CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

The running dress is a variant off the patterns I made for the main dress.   Obviously, it is much shorter and doesn't have the puffy sleeves....things that would kinda get in the way after a half mile let alone 13!  The dress is made from dry fit shirts from old navy so it breaths and moves well. To make it "magical" I piped the edges of the bodice and the bottom of the skirt with reflective piping so it sparkles and is safe! Also, because you're not doing it right unless you are overdoing it, I made a petticoat to go under the dress with built in running briefs.

Look for its debut at the Disney Princess half in Feb.  Better pics to come!! Back view after the jump.




0 comments:

Post a Comment