My girlfriend is a huge Cinderella fan so this year for Christmas I decided to make her a Cinderella dress.  After doing a bit of research I decided that I really don't like the cartoon Cinderella's dress.  It works fine for a drawing but the little hip pouches don't really translate well to anything you could wear around.  After a bit more searching I found the Annie Leibovitz Cinderella photo with Scarlett.  I really liked the dress and thought that with a lot less volume it could actually pass pretty well as a fancy dress.  So like all my sewing endeavors I started with no patterns and, in this case, just one image to work from.

The picture is from Andrea's first fitting.  Still haven't hemmed it yet.  Once we have a nice warm weekend in Georgia when we aren't super busy I will get some nice pics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment