I'm going to take a break from adding items from my archive to show off something that I'm currently working on. Our studio is working in conjunction with a computational media class to develop a modular outdoor play structure that may be showcased in an Atlanta park. We were broken up into teams and last week proposed our designs. For the first round of competition my concept was chosen for further development.


The proposed design consists of 24 fiberglass pieces which can be pulled from 3 molds; a small arc, a big arc and a double arc. The modules are arranged to afford a variety of play types including climbing, sliding, hiding and sitting. Further, the layout provides a well defined internal play area but outward pointing slides allow the play area to expand beyond the structure itself.

Great job to my teammates who helped come up with the concept, you can follow our team's progress through the semester at:http://lcc4730.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment